Thursday, September 11, 2008

Feeling Good About Being a Mom


Well, I think I am becoming more comfortable with being a mom. I had a friend who gave me some really good advice. She said that babies need lots of sleep and that when they are cranky, it is time to put them down for a nap. She also told me that she nurses her baby, plays with her baby until it starts getting cranky, and then it is in bed for a nap. I have tried that this week and it has worked!!! I have figured out when she needs a nap. I also let her cry for a little bit and she fell asleep by herself! I can't believe how simple but soooooooooooo important that advice is. Makenzie and I are going to Tulsa tomorrow (sorry Feather). We had to leave that date because the flights on Saturday were all booked for frequent flyer tickets. I can't wait to see my family. It does make it hard being so far away. And, now with Makenzie, I want her to get to know her grandparents, aunt, uncles, and cousins! Hopefully, hurricane Ike will not disrupt the flights. I will keep the people on the coast in my prayers. How scary it must be!

2 comments:

Laura said...

I hope you have a great trip. I'm so glad you had a good week. It took 2 months for me to feel "normal" and have some confidence in being a mom. Do call when you get back so we can get together. Love, Laura

Feather Lynn said...

I am so happy that you are feeling more comfortable. I am glad you got to go to Oklahoma and see your family. Call me when you get back and we will catch up!!! Miss ya and give Makenzie kisses from her Aunt Feather!!!!! Love ya