Thursday, September 4, 2008

We Did It...kind of!!


Well, last night was a semi-success!! She slept in her crib until 4:00 and then it was time to eat. The problem that I am having is that she only wants to sleep on her stomach. This has been know to increase the risk of Sudden Infant Death Syndrome (SIDS). They have a machine that will monitor breathing but I am not sure how much it is. I will have to check it out! Maybe tonight I'll get to sleep in my bed! Makenzie and I are planning to go visit my family in Oklahoma. I think we may be flying. I thought we would drive but I'm thinking it is too long to travel with a three month old. Flying with her is scary too but I will have to get our first flight out of the way. If I were to drive, it would take over 9 hours. Flying is two hours in the air! Hopefully, my sister can find us a car seat so I won't have to take one.

1 comment:

How the SIDS Back to Sleep Campaign Caused the Autism Epidemic said...

My blog is dedicated to how dangerous the SIDS Back to Sleep Cmapaign is so I'm always surfing the net looking to see what others think. Anyways, the stats that say back sleep has decreased the rate of SIDS is unfortunately probably incorrect (Bowman and Hargrove in Scripps Howard News). Also SIDS typically occur in the deepest stage (Slow Wave Sleep) of sleep and all back sleep does is stop that. I can't imagine that not letting an infant get Slow Wave Sleep during thier first year of life is healthy. Feel free to check out my blog as I have a lot of info on it.